Listen Live on  

The Wolf 93.3

Country's Greatest Hits for Omaha

House Fire Caused By Careless Smoking

House Fire Caused By Careless Smoking

The fire broke out around 10:15 Tuesday night.  When firefighters arrived they found fire on the first and second floors as well as the attic. 

All of the residents were safely out of the house when firefighters arrived, but a family dog died in the fire.  Investigators say one of the residents told them that he looked outside and saw the deck on fire.

He also said he was smoking on the deck and had placed the cigarette in a five gallon bucket that was full of cigarette butts and dried leaves.  Damage to the home is estimated at $175-thousand.

Recommended Stories

More from The Wolf 93.3