Hot Dog Horror Show? Survey Finds Americans Are Scared to Find Out What Is in Their Hot Dogs
The survey kicks off Applegate's season of 'The Cleaner Wiener,' promoting Applegate Naturals® Beef Hot Dog and Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog™, which are Non-GMO Project Verified and made with humanely raised, 100% grass-fed beef. Key survey takeaways included:
- Fear factor: a whopping 43% of Americans say they are scared to find out what goes into their hot dogs.
- Science or sausage?: Over a third of Americans avoid eating hot dogs because they believe they are made with low quality meat or are made with artificial ingredients and chemicals.
- Keep it short: Americans are six times more likely to prefer a hot dog made with a simple, short list of ingredients.
- Less is more: 70% of Americans agree that when looking at a hot dog ingredient label, the fewer ingredients, the better.
- Hold the antibiotics: A majority of Americans agree that it's important that their hot dogs are made from livestock never given antibiotics or hormones (56%), and nearly half (48%) agree that it's important their hot dogs are made from 100% grass-fed beef.
- Millennials not hot for dogs: Americans ages 18-34 avoid hot dogs more than any other age group; 24% say they never buy hot dogs.
- Women more choosy: Nearly 50% of females are scared to find out what is in their hot dogs, compared to just 37% of males.
- Top that: 61% of Americans list mustard as their favorite hot dog topping.
Full Story HERE