Wisconsin man loses both legs after being licked by dog | abc7chicago.com WEST BEND, Wis. --
Do you let your dog lick you? You might think twice after what happened to a Wisconsin man.
Greg Manteufel lost both his legs after being licked by a dog.
Doctors said they believe he got a bacterial infection afterward that spread through his body.Dawn Manteufel said her husband was perfectly healthy just a month ago and especially loved riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle.But then he became ill. And what they initially thought was the flu landed him in the emergency room.