'Smoking Materials' Caused the Million Dollar Blaze.

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) -- Fire investigators say a million dollar blaze that seared the roof off a building at the Park West Apartments near 108th and Arlington Plaza Wednesday night was accidental and due to improperly discarded smoking materials.

That million dollar loss represents structural damage to the property. The tally could go higher and the loss of building contents has yet to be tallied.

The blaze started in a third floor apartment around 7:30 p.m.

Drone video shot by Patrick Jones on Thursday showed the extent of the damage. Story, Video HERE

Ritch Cassidy

Ritch Cassidy

Want to know more about Ritch Cassidy? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on The Wolf 93.3! Read more

title

Content Goes Here