Man Dies 8 Years After Dare to Eat Slug

A man who was left paralysed after eating a slug as a dare at a birthday party has died at the age of 28.

Sam Ballard, from Sydney, Australia, was 19 in 2010 when he ate the creature which was infected with rat lungworm.

Mr Ballard, who was a keen rugby player, fell into a coma for 420 days after contracting a strand of meningitis called eosinophilic meningoencephalitis. Story HERE 

Ritch Cassidy

Ritch Cassidy

Want to know more about Ritch Cassidy? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on The Wolf 93.3! Read more

title

Content Goes Here